MADE IN THE USA!
Magnificent Memphis Tigers Fighting Irish Wall Art metal sign is made from 24 gauge American steel (No Flimsy Tin Here). Select from three different sizes: Large, Medium, Small. Also, available with an optional rustic wood frame. Designs are baked into a powder coating for a durable finish. Unlike other tin signs, canvas prints, and posters, our metal signs will not bend, fold, dent, or wrinkle over time. You can take a hammer to our signs. Our signs are hand made just like in the days. Rest assured these metal signs are made to last!
Great wall decor for Game Rooms, College Dorms, Frat Houses, Sports Bars, Offices, living rooms, industrial lofts, garages, man caves, government buildings and more.
Support and show your school spirit with this team mascot metal sign!
Large - Measures 36" x 24"
Medium - Measures 24" x 16"
Small - Measures 18" x 12"
Framed signs come mounted on reclaimed barn wood with rustic screws for an authentic look and feel. Also Comes with a small saw tooth metal hanger on the rear, ready to hang.
Metal signs with no frame come drilled and riveted for easy hanging.
When the Memphis State University first fielded a football team in the fall of 1912, no one had selected a nickname for the squad. Early references to the football team tabbed them only as the Blue and Gray Warriors.
After the final game of the 1914 season, there was a student parade. During this event, several university students shouted, "We fight like Tigers!" The nickname was born. As time passed, the nickname "Tigers" was increasingly used, particularly in campus publications, but did not catch on with the newspapers downtown. They continued to use "the Blue and Gray" when referring to the university.
Under Coach Lester Barnard in 1922, Memphis's football team gave a ring of truth to that old student yell about Tigers. The team adopted a motto – "Every Man a Tiger" – and went on to score 174 points while allowing its opponents just 29 points. The Tiger nickname continued on with students and alumni, eventually being adopted as the official nickname for the University of Memphis in 1939.
MADE IN THE USA!